Chuck Smith Endorses Michael Schoelwer for RPV Chair
Dear Delegates to the RPV State Convention,
I am most pleased to announce that Chuck Smith has endorsed me for the position of Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia (RPV).
As a GOP County Committee chairman myself, I know that the heart and soul of the RPV are in the local committees and local chapters of our affiliated organizations. As such, I welcome grassroots endorsements.
Chuck Smith is a friend to us all. And I am proud to have him as my friend and to have his endorsement.
Chairman, Lancaster County
Republican Party Candidate, Chairman of the RPV
I have been committed to the success of the Republican Party all my adult life. I have served the RPV – and the United States – in many capacities, including as Chairman of the Statewide Ethnic Coalitions Committee, Chairman of the Statewide Welcoming Committee, and as Chairman of the Virginia Beach Republican Committee- one of the largest and most diversified Committees in the RPV, and of course in the U.S. Marines Corps and Navy JAG Corps. And, I have long been concerned about the downward spiral of the RPV and am working tirelessly to change our trajectory.
One thing that I have learned over the years is that organizations reflect the personality and the skill sets of their leader. The RPV is no different. To start the RPV winning again, we need a Chairman that is a strategic thinker, has proven leadership experience, senior-level managerial skills, integrity, and the ability to stand up in public and make our case. With that kind of Chairman, I am convinced that we can start winning again.
I think Mike Schoelwer is the one candidate in the Chairman’s race that meets all those criteria. Other candidates have experience running organizations, but Mike is the only candidate who has led fights and campaigns against some of our country’s most dangerous enemies. He has had to develop and lead struggles against thinking, adaptive, sentient opponents who want to harm Americans if given the chance. It is that type of experience in strategic thinking that can lead us to victory in election fights, especially with the extreme liberals that we face today in Virginia. And, Mike is the only candidate in this race who has the experience.
Mike also understands that winning elections is the key to everything else. For example, fund-raising is critical to the RPV, but that our inability to raise money right now isn’t the result of insufficient donors. Rather, donors won’t give the RPV money anymore because we continue to lose elections. Until we start winning again – which we can under Mike’s leadership – no donor will likely take us seriously.
I could go on, but let me close simply by saying that Mike has my unequivocal support for Chairman of the RPV. He is a conservative, Trump-supporting Republican who will modernize and expand the RPV and allow us to compete in modern Virginia. He is the best way forward for the RPV. He is definitely not just “more of the same”. I urge all of my Republican friends and supporters to vote for him. I am convinced that Mike will fight with all of his skills and lead the RPV back to its winning ways. Virginia needs us right now, and Mike will get us back to where we need to be.
RPV State Conventions – Polling Locations
Note this list is as of Aug 7, 2020, RPV website, however we have heard from the 6th CD on changes and have posted what is on the 6th CD’s website below the RPV posted schedule.
Delegates may cast ballots only at the polling location in which the unit they represent is listed (All delegates from a particular unit vote at the same polling location; Congressional Districts are listed for convenience; split units will vote in the District in which they have the highest Republican Party Voting Strength unless the unit requested a different polling place; please use the chart to verify your polling location)
- Meadow Event Park, 13191 Dawn Blvd, Doswell VA 23047 (CD 1)
- Law Enforcement Training Center, 411 Integrity Way, Virginia Beach VA 23451 (CD 2)
- Windsor Town Center, 23361 Courthouse Highway, Windsor VA 23487 (CD 3, CD 4)
- Tree of Life Ministries, 2812 Greenview Dr, Lynchburg VA 24502 (CD 5, Zones 2 and 3)
- Madison County High School, 68 Mountaineer Ln, Madison VA 22727 (CD 5, Zone 1)
- Augusta County Government Center, 18 Government Center Dr, Verona VA 24482 (CD 6 North) see below
- Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Blvd, Salem VA 24153 (CD 6 South) see below
- Atlas 42, 4032 Cox Rd Ste A, Glen Allen VA 23060 (CD 7)
- National Right to Work Building parking lot, 8001 Braddock Road, Springfield, VA 22151 (CD 11)
- Wytheville Meeting Center, 333 Community Blvd, Wytheville VA 24382 (CD 9)
- EIT, 309 Kelly’s Ford Plaza SE, Leesburg VA 20175 (CD 10)
- The Coal Yard, 205 S Henry St, Alexandria VA 22314 (CD 8)
Update on the 6th District RPV Voting Locations
Click here for the 6th CD website
Balloting will be open from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturday, August 15th
- Roanoke County, Roanoke City, Botetourt and RARC state delegates will vote at the 9th District sponsored event at the Salem Civic Center, Salem, Virginia. Dan Webb is our 6th District POC.
- Lynchburg City, Bedford County, and Amherst will vote at the 5th District sponsored event at the Tree of Life, Campbell County. Betty Gibbs is our POC.
- The rest of the district Augusta County and north will vote at the Augusta County Government Center, in Verona, VA. Anne Fitzgerald is our POC.
All locations will offer drive-through and WALK-UP balloting. Delegates who choose Walk-Up balloting, will park, leave their cars, and walk into a shaded area to receive and cast their ballots. We will have accommodations for those who for health reasons prefer to remain in their cars to vote.
Again, these locations are subject to change, please continue to check the RPV website for updates
Would you like to help Mike with the costs of running his campaign for Chair of RPV?