Mike Schoelwer for RPV Chair
August 13, 2020 Afternoon Edition
Dear Delegates to the RPV State Convention,
Life is a lot like juggling balls. Some of the balls are glass and some are rubber. You can drop a rubber ball occasionally, and there is not a problem. But, when you drop a glass ball, there are consequences.
Have you considered how many glass balls the RPV’s current leadership has dropped over the past several years?
- Failure to run candidates in 25% of Virginia in 2019: crash.
- Failure to arrest the 90% drop in fund-raising: crash.
- Failure to mount an effective Republican media campaign: crash.
- Five-year long failure to recruit new Republicans in rapidly growing minority populations and conservative groups: crash.
- Failure to own their mistakes and correct them: crash.
- Failure to decide exactly what the RPV is supposed to do, let alone how to do it: bounce, bounce, crash
Have you considered what balls our clumsy juggler is bobbling right now?
- Failure to write a campaign plan for 2020 or 2021
- Failure to plan for the 2021 elections
- Failure to recruit candidates for 2021
- Failure to create a training program for new candidates
- Failure to give donors a reason to come back to the RPV
I decided to run for Chairman of the RPV because we cannot survive dropping any more glass balls. I am tired of seeing us defeat ourselves far worse than the Democrats ever could. To turn this around, we must dramatically strengthen our leadership structure. We must be an organization that stands on its own two feet, and has a stone-cold clear plan of how to move ahead. We can no longer be some clubby inner circle or the occasionally useful appendage of some other power center. The RPV is far too important to stay in that role.
If you like the status quo, and are satisfied with the RPV right now, vote for one of the other candidates. If you want the RPV to stop dropping glass balls, and start winning again, I am your only choice for Chairman.
Chairman, Lancaster County Republican Party
Candidate, Chairman of the RPV
Mike’s Campaign is not sending any campaign text messages – None
So if anyone claims they are campaigning for Mike, it is not coming from those working on his campaign!
We are seeing continued text messages being sent to delegates attacking Rich Anderson, and being attributed by the sender to Mike Schoelwer’s supporters. These are not coming from any part of Mike’s Campaign. They are gross distortions or outright lies, and we share Rich Anderson’s strong condemnation of the messages and the senders. We will not have anything to do with these tactics.
We have asked the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to investigate, and are providing them with all the phone numbers (we have 5 of these), and copies of the text messages.
Note that by forwarding the text message to a short code, 7726, which spells SPAM, it will allow the cell phone carrier that is being used to take steps to limit this numbers ability to text. If anyone has further details on this unacceptable practice, please contact us or the Anderson campaign.
RPV State Conventions – Polling Locations
The information below is as of Aug 12th from the RPV website, but things may still change. It is best to check with your local GOP Unit to confirm the location where you will vote.
Delegates may cast ballots only at the polling location in which the unit they represent is listed (All delegates from a particular unit vote at the same polling location; Congressional Districts are listed for convenience; split units will vote in the District in which they have the highest Republican Party Voting Strength unless the unit requested a different polling place; please use the chart to verify your polling location)
- Meadow Event Park, 13191 Dawn Blvd, Doswell VA 23047 (CD 1)
- Law Enforcement Training Center, 411 Integrity Way, Virginia Beach VA 23451 (CD 2)
- Windsor Town Center, 23361 Courthouse Highway, Windsor VA 23487 (CD 3, CD 4)
- Tree of Life Ministries, 2812 Greenview Dr, Lynchburg VA 24502 (CD 5, Zones 2 and 3)
- Madison County High School, 68 Mountaineer Ln, Madison VA 22727 (CD 5, Zone 1)
- Augusta County Government Center, 18 Government Center Dr, Verona VA 24482 (CD 6 North)
- Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Blvd, Salem VA 24153 (CD 6 South)
- Atlas 42, 4032 Cox Rd Ste A, Glen Allen VA 23060 (CD 7)
- National Right to Work Building, 8001 Braddock Road, Springfield, Virginia 22160 (CD 11)
- Wytheville Meeting Center, 333 Community Blvd, Wytheville VA 24382 (CD 9)
- EIT, 309 Kelly’s Ford Plaza SE, Leesburg VA 20175 (CD 10)
- The Coal Yard, 205 S Henry St, Alexandria VA 22314 (CD 8)
Would you like to help Mike with the costs of running his campaign for Chair of RPV?